Friday, February 20, 2009

Science Fair Winner!


Today Sydney found out that she was one of 10 chosen to go to "District" with her science project. Congratulations Syd! Her project was called "Is it the Toothpaste or the Orange juice?" Meaning, what makes the awful taste in your mouth from orange juice after brushing your teeth? Turns out it's something called SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) found in toothpaste. This causes your sweet taste buds to become numb, and thus you only get the bitter taste of the orange juice after brushing. Pretty interesting huh? Well, on to District and then maybe Region? Good Luck Sydney!








1 comment:

  1. I totally learned something new today! Thanks for the fun blog and great science fair project. My kids will think I'm so smart when I try and tell them about it! Thanks Sydney and Katie.

    BTW--I'm so sad I missed the Broadway night at Highland park! Dang! We had a busy day and I spaced it. We missed out.....especially Spencer. He would have loved to see Sydney sing.

    ReplyDelete