Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tribute to Sofia Ann Hathaway Feb. 27-March 7, 2009


In Just 5 Minutes
(Written by Steven Allen, Uncle)
People come and People go
But in 5 minutes can you measure someone’s soul?
Life comes at you like waves on a stormy sea
My soul does hunger, I cry and plea
Why must she be set free?
My heart beats fast, but yet hers is still.
It doesn’t make sense, and probably never will.
It’s like climbing a never ending hill.
But what I feel is strong and deep
So why, this little one, can’t we keep?
It was such a short moment in time, so how could I know her?
Because I feel her through her father, Sister, Brother,
Her Mother.
For the first time and last time, I get to hold
But somehow she whispers, and I am told...
What do I do, What can I say,
She speaks to my heart... "Do not dismay
Life is more than Living from day to day!"
She reminds me of things to come and that things must be
I am a BETTER PERSON because of her, you see,
So Yes! In 5 minutes you can measure a soul...I Believe!
Her Touch, Her Smell, Her Smile, Her Hair, Her Cry,
But whether a Lifetime, One Week, or in just 5 minutes,
What’s she done will never die.
We Love You Sofia

4 comments:

  1. Katie and Tom, I'm so sorry about your family's loss. That is terrible. She is such a beautiful baby, and that poem is very touching. Please please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you guys. We'd love to have your girls over for a movie night so you guys can relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching, I know a little bit about grief since my mother passed away a couple months ago...I have always been inspired by your story and your tenderness. Your family is lucky to have you guys to look too.

    I wanted to share this blog that I follow, they lost their 2 year old daughter after she choked on an apple at church. I don't know them, but I'm inspired by their story as well, take a look if you ever get a chance:
    http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though you have no idea who I am, I happen to come across little Sofia's obituary and did a google search which lead me to your blog.
    I too have experienced having a daughter pass away as a baby and though I know she is with loved ones on the other side, there will always be that empty chair at my dinner table that she should have been sitting in.
    My biggest fear is that of losing one of my other child and so when I read that she is now with her brother, my heart goes out to the family. No mother should be without their little ones. I will be keeping this family in my prayers for much needed comfort and stregnth. She was a beautiful baby.
    Heart Hugs,
    Carolyn Quigley
    www.picturetrail.com/littlemisshope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss, Katie. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete