Monday, July 6, 2009

God Bless the USA!

Olivia and "Blue"
Fresh Corn on the cob at the Parade

Sydney and Chloe


All the girls



Tom and Georgia




I love the Fourth of July! There's something about fireworks and freedom that just gets me excited. I love the bright Red White and Blue colors, the aroma of barbecue, the powerful patriotic music, even the heat of the sun. I guess it's sort of magical for me that we all come together to celebrate our great country. Have you ever noticed the people around you when you watch a big fireworks show? Everyone is looking up with such wonder and awe. That alone gives me the chills. We spent the fourth this year in Jackson Hole. I love the small town country feel of Jackson. The exquisite Tetons and Snake River are majestic. It's funny how when you get older you appreciate the beauty of things more and more.
Tom and I, along with our girls + Sydney's friend Chloe spent the weekend swimming, shopping, riding horses, enjoying the bungee trampolines, and of course, the fabulous 4th of July Parade. What a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment